Friday 17 July 2015

Blogging at Trojan Freefighters and intermittent training

Ill be putting some new content up on the Trojan Freefighter page as part of there blog in the upcoming future.  I want to do my part to try promote the club and its a good way to keep me writing.  Ill be doing some spotlight articles on the coaches and members that train there as well as providing and insight into what training is like for the beginner and those at pro level.

My own training is currently intermittent as BJJ falls on 3 nights at Trojans and currently I am working 2 of them.  But only during term time, so during the holidays I will be training every single night possible to try and make up some long ground.  However deep in my heart I believe that steady consistency is definitely better than training in bursts.  To try get the most out of my limited training I've been really trying to focus on getting maximum practise in each session.  I try to never choose my partners, instead to just make myself available to all comers so I don't unconsciously avoid the hard rolls.  When I spar with a much less experienced or able opponent I try and put myself in bad positions and give them opportunities.  Ill also only use a very specific tactic to try and explore where I need to improve it.  I.E open guard to triangle, closed guard to gi choke, spider guard to sweep etc.  With the tough guys I can push myself and try do my best.  My one big problem is I am a chatty training partner! sometimes I just need to shut up.  I don't try coach those who are at a similar level or above, I just like to give compliments!

No comments: